1. Welcome to the Airnation.net Social Hangar! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Americans on Board Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Identified

Discussion in 'Malaysia Flight 370 News and Discussions' started by Lee Ferrara, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Lee Ferrara

Lee Ferrara Vice Admin Staff Member

United States United States
    The three Americans on board the Malaysia Airlines flight that went missing in Southeast Asia have been identified and include two young toddlers, according to the flight's manifest.

The manifest lists Philip Wood, 51; Nicolechd Meng, 4; and Yan Zhang, 2, as the Americans on board. Malaysia Airlines previously reported that one of the Americans on board the flight was an infant.

Meanwhile, a massive search and rescue operation was under way for the Boeing 777-200 aircraft, more than 24 hours after air traffic controllers lost contact with the plane, which was carrying 239 people.

The Vietnamese government reported today that air force pilots spotted large oil slicks off the country's southern coast, according to The Associated Press. There was no confirmation that the slicks were related to the missing plane, but the statement said the slicks were consistent with the kinds expected to be left by a crashed jetliner.

China has dispatched two maritime rescue ships and the Philippines deployed three air force planes and three navy patrol ships to help. The Navy's USS Pinckney is also on its way to help the search effort, the 7th Fleet announced on Twitter this morning.

MORE: http://abcnews.go.com/International...-airlines-flight-identified/story?id=22831373
  2. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

I have also heard that some search entity has found some debris floating also. Why can't we get any definitive answers to these reports?
  3. David Barnshaw

David Barnshaw Hangar Silver Member III

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is something very wrong concerning this tragic event-no one is saying anything-I suspect that there is some sort of cover up going on-very worrying for all concerned.
  4. Lord Leighton

I agree!
    Edward Jeszka and David Barnshaw like this.
  5. Edward Jeszka

Edward Jeszka Hangar Silver Member V

I think it took five days to find the wreckage of the Air France flight. But this is quite different. On radar, then gone, no primary radar readout? I was trying to figure out if the airplane had started a death spiral after some type of major structural damage and if it could be viewed as a start of a turn? And if the oil slicks were not from the aircraft, then I would have to trend toward a rather complete disintegration, cause unknown at this time, at altitude. But the nagging issue of not finding any floating debris pattern is troubling. I believe we just aren't getting a lot of info at this time. I just don't understand why not? This is really too quiet with all the media covering this on a 24-7 basis. We have folks giving reports around the clock on the news stations, however they aren't really saying anything that either makes sense or is not questionable by the folks on this site. So we will continue to really look at what is being provided and within this highly experienced group try to determine what can be considered plausible and what is simply filling time.
  6. Lord Leighton

Yup, Something is being held back on purpose, whether it be a diversion to the Russian, Crimea stuff or some other clandestine stuff. I hope all this info shell game is leading up to a fruitful discovery in uncovering a worldwide integrated terrorist plot to acquire commercial aircraft for the purposes of a HUGE al Qaida, Boko Harem (or however the re-emergence of Idi Amin is spelt), etc., destruction plan. Funny thing is, is we have heard NOTHING from the US State Dept. either. EVERYBODY is unusually silent. Somethin's goin down. No pun intended.
    Everett 757 and David Barnshaw like this.
  7. Ken Riley

Ken Riley Hangar Associate Member V

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm struggling a bit here-----at the last count there were at least 40 ships and 22 aircraft searching a vast area of ocean for any sign of the wreckage from this tragic accident, and everyone on here is convinced that this constitutes a massive cover-up by every country in the world??????????? I've heard of conspiracy theories, but this is stretch too far for me!!!! A bit of reasoned and/or adult comment wouldn't go amiss, and some consideration for the feelings of the bereaved!!
    Lord Leighton likes this.
  8. Lord Leighton

Ken, I'm struggling a bit here too. If you might have read the whole thread, you might have seen those thoughts a while back. All this technology from all these, boats, submarines, planes, satellites etc and no solid info. We feel like mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed a lot of sh!t. To try and find out REAL info is not asking too much so whatever caused this doesn't happen again and we deduce or sort things out based from what we have been told. If you have better sources, then please fill us in and tell us all the facts as far fetched as they may seem.
  9. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Bronze Member VI

Yes, this is all very strange. It seems like it gets stranger by the day.
    Lord Leighton likes this.